Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This is an Airplane, Welcome to my Life

Once again I find myself sitting in an airport waiting for a cup of coffee and a seat on the plane. Yes, that is right. I am sitting in the airport and still I have no actual seat. Crazy? Perhaps, but that is who I am after all. You see, daddy flies the hunk of metal and I fly standby.

The Perks of being a standby:
All the flight attendants treat you like royalty
If you plan it right, you can usually get a row to yourself
You can board the plane early
You skip long unnecessary lines such as security
Flight attendants usually offer to comp things such as movies and energy drinks

The It's Really Nothing Special's of being a standby:
You have to look presentable [this means no sweats or jeans]
If you didn't plan it right, you could not get a seat on the flight
When the gate agent is mean, they stick you in a row with an infant totally on purpose

I love flying standby. On this last trip I went on to San Diego, I flight attendant comped my movies and sat and talked with me about silly bandz halfway through the flight. She kept calling me the first daughter. It's things like this that make my life awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment