Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Confidence!

Confidence. Do you lack it? Does it spill from your every pore? Well I shall teach confidence RIGHT NOW!

Step 1: First, you must stand up straight. Others are intimidated by good posture. It shows that you have no doubts in yourself. Hunched shoulders or slouching makes it look like your hiding in yourself. If you can't seem to stand straight, you really aren't confident.

Step 2: Clear yourself of doubts. Name you're fears and all you think is wrong with you. Draw an invisible line or circle or favourite shape or whatever. Put your fears, etc. in the shape or on one side of the line. Now name all you love about yourself. Think of everything your friends love (granted you have friends because there in lies a deeper problem) and everything your family loves. Take these idea with you and walk away from your shape/line. Tell the fears and such, "Sorry, but I am leaving you behind. Suck it!" Now, I'm not saying they are gonna disappear, oh hell no! They will still be there when you get home and away from people.

Step 3: Look in a mirror and say, "I look hot". It may not sound like much, but it does wonders! But you can't just say it to say it! You have to mean it. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if you want to feel hot, well damn! BE HOT!

Step 4: Find a song that makes you want to jump up and dance. Listen to it daily. Please, dance! Sing along at the top of your lungs and don't stop unless the landlord threatens to evict you.

Step 5: Don't be afraid of doing something crazy or risky. Dance in the middle of the sidewalk. Tell him/her (whichever, I don't judge!) how you really feel. Maybe it's love, maybe it's hate, who cares? Quit your job! Buy a parrot! Just go up and kiss him/her already, just to know what it's like. (think through that one carefully though, especially if it's your first kiss...)

Step 6: Walk proudly down the street and watch heads turn. Strut dammit!Everyone will wonder who it is and guess what? It's you! Beautiful, confident you. Enjoy it, bask in your glow, and smile.

Believe in yourself and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! No matter what, you are always somebody. <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh I really love step 5. Hahaha oh if only I could do that. But I can't because it would be my first kiss and hah! Tht would not be a slick move. Oh and step 3 yes the hottness factor within me is most definitly off the charts. For sure. ;) thanks Carolyn. I will tell my fears to suck it. They WILL. Oh they will. I think I am ready and I have also decided this short story of mine is actually going to be a very short story and you will be the first to read it ok? Ya. And I will make u a copy and I will sign it in a pretty colored pen.... Wanna know y? Becuase colors show confidence te he ♥ thanks for always being here for me. Your the best Carolyn. You are the Great Pumpkin to my Charlie Brown.

    Love always, delaina **

    ReplyDelete